Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Passion reignited

As you can see, this blog has been idle for more than a month now and my last post did not even garner any comments other than the one posted by myself (I did that so that the frighteningly sad “0 comments” does not appear). Whenever this blog is attacked by tumbleweed, it is either because I am too busy or life is too boring. But the reason this time round is because (work) life is boringly busy ie. the wrong kind of busyness. Well at least I should count myself lucky that I still have a job in the midst of this lingering economic crisis (even though the Australian currency is doing really well), something that I used to think will never leave me scathed (which was an erroneous thought as it hit close to home about a month ago).

However I am impressed with myself that I could still have the time and energy to reconnect with my temporarily-put-to-rest passion a.k.a. song-writing. In this latest musical project, I worked with two pieces of lyrics penned by my good friend back in Singapore. The endeavour managed to partially quell the reignited fire of creativity inside of me and I am still looking for more pieces to work on. I hope my friend finds my compositions OK (I do not ask for much nowadays) and that I did justice to her works. Here they are (comments are extremely welcomed).


[Stay Away]

/词: 惜妹//曲: 锦泉/ 

今天值得特别怀念
对, 又是老土的从前
是一段快乐的难过的
难忘却又想忘记的

今夜流泪特别有感觉
对, 又是为了某一个谁
是一个喜欢的讨厌的
舍不得又该放弃的

曾以圣诞节的老人都是善良的
曾以万圣节的恶鬼都是假的
从没有想过你是带着面具爱我的
真的没有想过

Stay away
只想你 stay away
别再试图拉近距离
别再波动我的情绪

Stay away
Why don’t you stay away

此刻我只想保持安静
静静的凭吊我们的过去






[不由自主的幸福]

/词: 惜妹//曲: 锦泉/ 


不由自主的等待
绚丽缤纷的色彩
莫名奇妙的期待
不能预知的未来
我就是那么乖
等你填满现在

笔触温柔的绘出
动人无比的曲目
看不懂的音符却
能安抚我的无助
恍然大悟才发现
原来我孤独

总是那么的义无反顾
在皱褶之间觅寻幸福
就算只有一点点, 一点点
什么委屈总能在瞬间瓦解





I am fortunate that at least I have something in my life that I have passion for especially when life is becoming hectic in all the wrong ways. I guess if I have to be bogged down by anything, at least let it be by my passion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are back into songwriting. Don't give it up. Hopefully more singing soon. Miss hearing you sing. Life goes on as before.

Kim said...

Song-writing will never stop totally for me. "Life goes on as before". Care to elaborate or will your presence on this blog (and in my life) be as fleeting as ever?

jetplane said...

I like "不由自主的幸福" and weirdly, especially the guitar string's streaking sound - it always gives me a sense of forlorness.


Haven't been to your blog in ages so it's nice to hear your singing voice again. Afterall, we do not know each other and I've only 'heard' your songs online before.


Cheers,
Jetplane

Kim said...

Thanks Jetplane. It is always nice to have comments on my blog especially from listeners and people who appreciate my music.

Merry Christmas!

Kim said...

Jetplane,

Can't believe you ran into me in Singapore and recognised me and said hi. What a small world!