Saturday, May 1, 2010

Musical journey (1)

It is time for a little musical sharing once again. I have here the newest collaboration between my friend (the lyricist) and I (the composer), the same team who brought you "Stay Away" and "不由自主的幸福". This song writes about the memories of being with someone and how it would be like if there were a reunion. I feel that the song is ultimately telling us that we should all be spending more time with the people who are dear to us so that we will never be in that melancholic state of regret, when what one could only do is to reminisce and imagine. I feel that with a simple arrangement, one can better receive this message and so that was how I went about my composition. I have included both a male- and female-keyed version so everyone can sing along. I hope you will enjoy this one of many musical journeys.


[想想]

/词: 惜妹//曲: 锦泉/

凝固记忆框在墙上
每张微笑开始泛黄
记得当时我们很勇敢
无惧危险的向前闯

随着年纪慢慢成长
忘了我们如何失散
呆望着眼前的这片墙
仿佛又回到了过往

你好吗
还记得我吗
想象着不经意碰到你的情况

你好吗
会想我吗
想象着如果和你聊天的模样

我们当时是否还有话还没讲完
现在是不是还会有时抱着遗憾
想象着如果还有机会再遇上
我知道我现在也只能想想

你好吗
还记得我吗
想象着不经意碰到你的情况

你好吗
会想我吗
想象着如果和你聊天的模样

我知道 我现在 也只能 想想








PS: We need to start writing more upbeat songs!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Here are the Facebook comments on the song:

===========================================
1) Jay Chow: very nice music and lyrics, good job!

2) Ision Ensor: I often get very sick of hearing Kim sing the song he is working on over and over and over and over and over and over....

but I still really like this one! :)

3) Jay Chow: ah haha.... but i m sure u never get sick of hearing him screams in the middle of the night.

4) Jolan Alexander: Kim do you have this in english? Can it keep the melody? ..Apart from the last chord this would make a very good trance/dance song (Last chord should go to fifth or tonic.. sounds like like its sitting on a seventh

5) Jolan Alexander: (Excellent as always btw)

6) Roy Tan: Good enough to be on the Chinese pop charts!
===========================================