Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Musical journey (12)

Have you ever been in an off-and-on-again relationship? It is hard to be objective when you are knee-deep in this vicious cycle, not to mention stand back to look at the picture. Why do people repeatedly put themselves in harm’s way just to revive something that has reached a dead end?

This month’s musical journey gives us a glimpse of one of those reasons.


[孽缘]

/词 / : 锦泉/

天亮
枕边没有你, 温度下降到零下二十九点
发烫
泪水在脸颊蒸发了一整夜前早已流干啦

天暗
电话旁只有我在盼望听到你轻声说话
彷徨
时间把我冷冷地丢在一旁

受过伤, 能让人长大一点
你说谎, 怎么也不厌倦
团团转, 我像个小孩在绕圈圈
一次又一次地
被你欺, 被你哄, 被你诈, 被你骗

藕断了丝不连
何必浪费时间
去织成完整但又脆弱的感情线
不让往事重演
也许明天会过得好一点

你前世造的孽
要我偿还一切
多少次轮回我们才能不拖不欠
换得一身可怜
原来只需要那一次缠绵

回头草难以下咽
灌下的泪水太咸
到底是什么蒙着我的双眼
不懂爱要怎么戒
喝下的毒怎么解
我不想就这样
过一天算一天


[Fated to Sin]

Dawn breaks
The temperature beside me drops to minus twenty-nine in the bed without you
The tears that have seared my cheeks have long vaporised after flowing for an entire night

Night falls
Beside the phone, I am alone anticipating your whispers
Frantically afraid that time would heartlessly leave me behind

Hurt makes us grow
You never seem to get tired of lying
You spin me around like a little kid
As you repeatedly bully, coax and cheat

There is no point in wasting time and lingering around something that is broken
Just to build a seemingly complete but frail relationship
If I do not allow history to repeat itself
Maybe I can have a better tomorrow

Why do I need to repay the sins you have committed in your past lives
How many cycles of rebirth will it take for us to not owe each other anything anymore
All I want in exchange for all that wretchedness is another night of passion with you

It is too hard to look back and the tears are getting even harder to swallow
Yet I have no idea what is covering both my eyes
How can I quit this love and cure myself of the poison I drink
I refuse to continue living like this from day to day





I am literally about to open the apartment door and head for the airport, officially starting my month-long trip back home. The detailed itinerary has been set and I know I will have a very good break from work (and Australia). I will miss my bibi (very much) though. I will continue blogging whilst overseas so stay tuned for more of me!

No comments: