Monday, August 22, 2011

Musical journey (16)

Airports have always had an effect on me in the sense that instead of experiencing the joy of reunions, I feel the sadness of departures. I attribute that to my almost-seven-year long-distance relationship before I met Ision. The pain and sorrow of leaving a loved one at the airport never failed to get to me even after that relationship.

This time round at the airport when I was returning from my month-long vacation, I no longer went through that depression, not even slightly. This of course came as a no-brainer seeing that I do not have the need to cling on to that emotion anymore with a stable long-term relationship. The habitual and almost instinctive invocation of melancholy associated with airports has completely dissipated.

That is not to say I felt nothing during the one-year long-distance phase of my relationship with Ision. In fact whenever I was down like this in airports, I whipped out my trusty pen and notebook and started writing songs. This expression outlet not only calmed me down but kept me occupied throughout the long flights (as I always made sure I finished the words and tune by the end of the flight). During that year of inter-continental flights between Singapore and Sydney, I have written several songs documenting my state of mind when I had to leave Ision and this was one of them.


[Worth]


The sun has just revealed its face
Against the clock I start to race
The hardest thing that I can ever do
Is leaving home when I'm in your embrace

A step I took onto the train
Below my eyes I feel rain
Why does pain hit me again so soon
But I know these tears do not fall in vain cos'

Baby there is no one
There's no one worth crying for
But you are that someone and I'm willing to give it all
Just to have you touch me just once more
Baby just once more
You're worth all this and more

A step I took onto the plane
And then there is sun again
I close my eyes so I can see you
And the pain was left in the wind with its chains

I pray for the day in May
For it to come with haste
So I can be
So I can be whole again

Baby there is no one
There's no one worth dying for
But you are that someone and I'm willing to give it all
Just to let me kiss you just once more
Baby just once more
You're worth all this and more





Well that is enough negative energy for the time being. Look out for my next post (the last one on my month-long trip) for there will be some amazing pictures.... of me!

No comments: