Friday, January 17, 2014

Musical journey (42)

Hey hey I am back! It has been almost a month since my last post and boy has it been a crazy month. The stress of work over the last week has more than used up the relaxation points I have earned over my three-week holiday (two in Japan and one in Singapore).

To add to this, several international opportunities have popped up over the horizon, namely China and UK. The latter is my first choice but I would need to waste no more time and quickly apply for a spouse visa (my partner is a UK citizen) to enhance my chances of getting picked. The competition is really fierce as work is scarce in Melbourne right now and every one is clamouring for the glamorous UK opportunities. I just got off a phone conversation with the manager of the London office and it looks like an interview is in the works in the next two weeks or so, which might be the time when I have to confirm if I am going to take up the China gig for sure or not. Nothing is concrete at the moment and I seriously don't think I will be lucky enough to be in a situation where I am given both positions but still fingers crossed.

If I get the London role, it will be yet another huge move for us but it will be an extremely happy one as I have dreamed of living in Europe for the longest time (think of the amount of travelling we could do!). I think it is also a case of been-there-done-that with regards to Australia and it is time for a change in scene I reckon. It is an exciting time for us indeed.

I have tons of vacation pictures and videos to sort out before I can post them here so in the mean time, let me share with you a cover I did during my recent holidays at a bar called Shuffle in Singapore. I lost my voice from a lack of sleep over the "gruelling" holiday period (still hasn't gained it back yet) and it is obvious from the clip that I was struggling with the already-reduced high notes. Nevertheless it felt so good to be on the stage once again in front of an audience, something that I will never ever get tired of.


No comments: