Saturday, October 31, 2015

Musical journey (63)

I am now back in Papua New Guinea and I sorely miss hugging and kissing my boo. My time back home is when I do not have to rely on my bolster as my replacement boo, an object of comfort that I kiss and hug every night to sleep whilst in PNG. In fact I have it with me whenever I am travelling (both for business and pleasure) and I am not sure if we are inseparable because of boo or because the whole thing has become a habit (I have also become addicted to its smell). I have had this bolster for the longest time and I have kept it with me even though the cotton filling has once leaked through the fabric and caused it to shrink. I think it is going to stay by my side for many more years to come. For more details on this phenomenon, here is an extremely well-written article.

On a separate note, it is time for this month's musical number and it is time for a cover of yet another Hokkien song after this one posted at the start of the year. This song is the theme from a Taiwanese drama and it is one filled with optimism. The key message the singer is trying to convey to his audience is that all bad things ("dark clouds" as referred to in the song) will pass one day and the sun will come up again and through it all, he will be there by their side. I first heard this on a Taiwanese variety show and fell in love with the melody which is so simple yet emotional and this is what I like about Hokkien songs. You would have known by now that I like to sing in different languages when I do my covers as I like to challenge myself. The title of this song translates to "It is Me" and is not so well-known so I hope with this post, that will change slightly. Enjoy!




PS: It is my 37th birthday tomorrow and boy does time fly past fast or what? There are just three more years before the next major milestone in my life. It would be hard to imagine then calling myself a forty-something but it is something we all have to go through one day and there is nothing much I can do about it!

No comments: