I was finally eligible to take my 10-year long service leave in full last month and boy do I need a break when I don't have to wake up between 4 and 5 in the morning to bouts of having no work and being swamped with work whilst being exposed to maniacal clients. I was also told the best timing of a long break would be the year-end period as that's typically quiet and with no work, the company would "politely" ask you to take leave anyway though I'd fight to the bitter end before I'd succumb to that sort of coercion.
So everything seems to be aligned for this break which starts from the mandatory Christmas office shutdown period (last day of work being 21st December 2018) till Labour Day (returning to work on 12th March 2019) with my 2-month trip back home to Singapore scheduled from 13th January 2019 to 10th March 2019. This post is dedicated to what I'm starting to do now that my holiday is less than 3 months away i.e. to list the things I'm planning to do, eat and buy! Now let's have the power of anticipation work its magic so here goes (in random order, filtered under "'G'-rated" and "maybe" items in italics):
- Taking my Mum out for shopping trips and meals.
- Photo shoot with a photographer friend and also others keen to do shoots with me.
- Having at least 2 cups of kopi c siew dai everyday (a.k.a local coffee with evaporated milk and less sugar).
- Crashing my friends' gigs at the locations they sing at.
- Visiting shopping centres and places of interest around each new train station.
- Nude outing at Lazarus Island with my nudist friends (my last trip [pic here] was really fun).
- Karaoke with friends with a separate session filming my next "topless KTV" series (now how can I expose even more skin...).
- Day trip to Johore Bahru with Mum.
- Catching up with all my friends over delicious hawker food (YUMMMMMMMMMM).
- Short trips to nearby Asian cities with a Melbourne friend (at least Bangkok and Penang are confirmed and the actual planning for these trips will commence when he's back from China).
- Shooting MTV clips with my fellow song-writer friend for the songs we collaborated on (songs are here: 1 2 3).
- Being an audience to my sister's busking sessions and of course doing a few numbers myself.
- Chinese New Year family feasts and gatherings (pics from the past Mum-cooked banquet are here: 1 2 3).
- On-foot exploration of new places in Singapore that have sprung up since I last visited.
- Having a durian feast (likely in Geylang) and sparing no expense for top-quality fruit (think Mao Shan Wang).
- Buying party gear (think harness and other sexy apparel).
- Supper with friends following this list.
- Go on a short cruise trip to somewhere nearby with Mum (this would be my first-ever cruise).
- Overnight trip to Kuala Lumpur.
In addition to all of the above (and the list will grow for sure), one more thing to look forward to is leaning up due to the excessive amount of walking I'd be doing in those 2 months on top of my regular gym routine (I NEVER compromise on gym whilst on holidays). A lot of people might think that 2 months in Singapore is a long time but I want my break to be as un-rushed and as stress-free as possible. Plus there's no amount of time too long when you're spending it with your Mum.
With so much to look forward to, no matter what work throws at me for the next 3 months, I know I'd be able to tackle them with ease. And now the countdown continues.
** UPDATE **
I have no choice but to postpone this trip but it's for a very good reason. Find out why here.