The fact that I totally forgot to post in August i.e. at least once a month, shows how busy I am when I am working. When I say "busy", it can mean working physically or mentally. Being in an environment where your colleagues are there with you 24/7 does take a mental toll and those that haven't done FIFO (fly-in/fly-out) work before might not totally understand this feeling.
Today is my first full day back home from PNG and officially my day off. I have 27 more to go. Hence, let me quickly squeeze in this musical post that was meant to be put on this blog last month. I can't promise this neglect won't lead to another missing post, but I'll try my best to never let this happen again.
Sorry and enjoy!
[Day Off]
Oh tomorrow is my day off
When the fake smile on my face can finally be cleaned off
And the noise from the outside world is turned off
I tell it nicely to fuck off
All this bullshit from the big boss
He can shove it back in his arse, I don't give a toss
All this drama that I find so hard to block
I've now shut it down because soon it's my day off
Oh yeah, all right
I'm all wound up so tight
Oh yeah, all right
Oh, I need to rest with all of my might
Friday night, I'm home baby
Taking off this tie
Go fill the tub and fill this glass right to the top with wine
And now it's time to say goodbye
To agony even if it is just for a little while
Oh tomorrow is my day off
I'd be doing zilch, there's nothing better I can think of
Not stepping out, stuck on the couch with my idiot box
And switching off the damn alarm clock
Everybody needs a time out
Life is ever-changing and so crazy, I've no doubt
Take a chill pill, don't so easily freak out
Things you can't control just let them go and play out
Breathe in, breathe out
And let all this stress out
Breathe in, breathe out
Oh, you were lost and now you are found
Friday night, I'm home baby
Leave my mask behind
Give me a rub and let me feel your hands, oh god that's nice
And now it's time to say goodbye
To tensity even if it is just for a little while
Friday night, I'm home baby
It's been a long week
I need a hug and kiss to make all of the wrong things right
And now it's time to say goodbye
To misery even if it is just for a little while
When the fake smile on my face can finally be cleaned off
And the noise from the outside world is turned off
I tell it nicely to fuck off
All this bullshit from the big boss
He can shove it back in his arse, I don't give a toss
All this drama that I find so hard to block
I've now shut it down because soon it's my day off
Oh yeah, all right
I'm all wound up so tight
Oh yeah, all right
Oh, I need to rest with all of my might
Friday night, I'm home baby
Taking off this tie
Go fill the tub and fill this glass right to the top with wine
And now it's time to say goodbye
To agony even if it is just for a little while
Oh tomorrow is my day off
I'd be doing zilch, there's nothing better I can think of
Not stepping out, stuck on the couch with my idiot box
And switching off the damn alarm clock
Everybody needs a time out
Life is ever-changing and so crazy, I've no doubt
Take a chill pill, don't so easily freak out
Things you can't control just let them go and play out
Breathe in, breathe out
And let all this stress out
Breathe in, breathe out
Oh, you were lost and now you are found
Friday night, I'm home baby
Leave my mask behind
Give me a rub and let me feel your hands, oh god that's nice
And now it's time to say goodbye
To tensity even if it is just for a little while
Friday night, I'm home baby
It's been a long week
I need a hug and kiss to make all of the wrong things right
And now it's time to say goodbye
To misery even if it is just for a little while

No comments:
Post a Comment