Monday, June 24, 2024

CNY at home (part 4)

I'm now back in PNG with all the usual PNG problems with broken-down air-con and potable water systems and the like. More seriously though, the recent landslides in Enga province did affect some of my colleagues but didn't impact the location where I work. That being said, we do encounter small landslips that block roads and halt transportation of camp supplies every now and again as we're in an earthquake-prone area. Now that I've marked myself "safe", let me share the Facebook posts from the next part of my "CNY at home" series (the rest can be found here: 1 2 3 5).

Yes, this is a shop being crystal clear but I've never seen something so rudely put before. In fact, I think some items are a little suss. No receipt/invoice issued - is that even legal in Singapore? And anyone can tell me why is a picture of the phone needed for PayNow?

Was so looking forward to my first char kway teow but this was so disappointing (I asked with chilli and it came without and had to be added on the side). With nothing much in it, it costs $6.9! Luckily the D24 durian ice kachang made it up (a little).

Back from a sweaty run around the Serangoon Gardens neighbourhood. Boy, there are some mighty big mansions and rich people around! #AllAboutTheFlex

Dinner with the friend I went to Bangkok with last trip and staying over at her place tonight, so we can go jogging together early tomorrow. This is what I call a healthy social life. 😊

Here are the food pics taken that haven't been posted yet. Post-jog now and ravenous, it's time for another round of food (breakkie)! #LifeIsGood

Someone told me I look the same in all my pics. My response - am I supposed to wear makeup and wigs to look different in every shot?
PS: Thanks for a great catchup, friend, and putting me up for one night. Great jog too as always. See you again next time!

Does anyone know what this building is and why are cars stacked like that?

It's my last full day in Singapore today and gotta seize the day, starting with the weirdest sign I've seen so far in a lift.

The elegant lady that I call Mummy, at my sister's pretty apartment. #FamilyCatchup

Funny how I only take gym selfies when I'm overseas. Can someone tell me why? 💪💪💪  #FlexLikeABoss

Had a very interesting experience last night visiting a yet-to-be-developed housing estate (they still exist in Singapore). It looked really spooky and cool but I'm sure when I visit again in a year's time, it'll unfortunately be filled with hordes of people in vapid malls. #PlantationCrescent
PS: This estate is not yet registered on Google Maps and Google Earth.

Here are the remaining pics of the yummies I've had this trip. Still outstanding are Hokkien prawn mee and 五香虾饼 but there's always next time. #FatDieMe

It's been a great trip, especially not having spent Chinese New Year with my family since 2020 when COVID broke out. Till next time Mummy. Now, more importantly, do I #Flex better or her? 💪🤣


If you know my blog well, you'' know my next post will be a musical one. Stay tuned!

No comments: