Sunday, July 15, 2012

Musical journey (25)

One thing that I need to do in Melbourne is to look for open mic nights where I can have a chance to perform in front of a live audience. I used to have a regular gig at a musical café back in Singapore and it was from that experience that my passion for singing on stage began to develop. The high I get from singing live cannot really be described but it is something that I would want to feel over and over again. I have always imagined how it would be like singing in front of thousands of loving fans and listening to their thunderous cheers, screams and applause. Well not all of us can be superstars.

For me, I know that the boat of superstardom has long sailed and so I will be happy if I get a chance to sing in front a small group of people, especially if I am showcasing some of my original compositions. In this month’s musical journey, I will be sharing one of my live performances during my last trip back to Singapore in this pub called “Roomful of Blues”. I hope you like my cover of Norah Jones’ “Don’t Know Why”.

 

No comments: