Saturday, April 30, 2016

Work it! (part 3)

It is time for my next post in my all-things-gym series (the other post in the series can be found here: 1 2 4 5 6) and in this one I'll be talking about personal trainers (PT). A lot of people think that I’m a PT because of how I look and I must say it’s a right fit career-wise at first glance. However I can’t be bothered with people if they can’t motivate themselves plus I hate small talk and I can’t be friendly to people if I don’t like them. So being a PT is a definite no-no for me.

Personally I don’t need a PT and I think they're quite useless unless you’re really ill-disciplined and need that extra reason to hit the gym especially since you’ve already invested money in the personal training sessions. I’ve seen people in the gym engaging the same PT for years yet there isn’t much improvement in their physique which further supports my opinion that it’s ultimately up to you and not the PT to make a difference. Moreover you can get everything a PT knows from fitness publications and many of them are free online. When I started going to the gym I did a lot of research from magazines and it was then I knew I don’t need a PT. The only PT session I had was the free one that came with joining the gym. In addition fitness and nutrition advice is very subjective and different PTs will tell you different things. In the end you still have to find the regimen that best fits your body and lifestyle so there’s even lesser point in paying for such advice. If you need motivation and reason to go to the gym, I suggest looking for a gym partner instead of a PT. That being said, a lot of guys do look for gym buddies on gay dating apps but you also start to wonder are they looking for a friend to work out with in the gym or in bed.

Another weird thing people do is hire PTs but end up just chatting with them. I see this more in Singapore than in Australia where middle-aged women engage handsome PTs to shower them with attention instead of using them to improve their fitness. Well if you can afford it why not but don’t complain when you don’t see any results because you’re only working out your mouth! If I were to use a PT, I’ll tell him from day one that I’ll not be chatting nor engaging in small talk with him and he is to focus all of his attention on me and that means no checking of phones throughout the session (many of them do and that to me is very unprofessional behaviour). I’ll make sure every cent spent on him is worth it. I also see some PTs selling supplements to their clients as a source of additional income even though I heard they get paid quite a lot. I’m sure some of them supply steroids to keen buyers too. Competitive bodybuilding is such a strange sport–I think it’s one of the only event whereby illegal-consumption of steroids is a mandatory pre-requisite for a person to be good enough for the competition!

The other major reason why I think negatively about PTs is they do not follow gym rules themselves when they’re working out. They don’t put back weights, drop weights, don’t use towels and don’t even enforce proper footwear rules when their clients are wearing slippers in the gym! I guess at the end of the day they’re only good for being subjects of ogling when they strip naked in the changing room. Haha. PTs not following gym rules is not my only pet peeve when working out, there are many more and I’ll share them in my next post. Now it’s time for the video portion of the post.

There’s only one clip in this post but it’s a good one I promise as it’s of me flexing. I did both G-rated flexing clips and more salacious ones but I’ll only be posting the former on my blog. If you like what you see, leave some comments and maybe I’ll post the not so G-rated ones at some point!


Flexing #1:

6 comments:

Chris said...

Very nice flexing. The not-G-rated ones should be next. We're all adults here...

When I used to go to a gym here in London (Paris Gym, all male and mostly gay, now sadly closed), there was one PT who had lots of clients, kept them for years, and did little more than stand by and encourage them. They didn't see much improvement, sadly, but he was so beguiling that they just couldn't quit him. And, he never gave a show in the locker room as he never showered there.

Kim said...

Thanks Chris. He should have given a show to his worshippers. I know I would if I were him knowing I have so many admirers ready to fall at my feet.

Also, you have seen LOTS of non-G rated ones already! Surely you're sick of me by now right??? :P

Chris said...

Of course I'm not sick of you. Keep the pics coming...

Kim said...

You're such a loyal fan Chris. Thanks for your support and adoration all these years! If I ever get to UK, I will let you know so you can check me out up close!

Chris said...

I look forward to it.

Kim said...

Big hugs and kisses!! :)