Wednesday, December 9, 2015

2015 through Facebook (2)

2015 is coming to an end and this is the time for introspection. In my previous post, I started part one of my views on current affairs and political issues that I have shared on Facebook this year. Let me continue with part two. The rest of the posts in this series can be found here - 1 3 4 5 6.

===============================================

Current Affairs and Political Issues (Part 2)

===============================================

10-Aug: Australia's thinking that the mining boom will last forever is akin to a country putting all her eggs in one basket. Along with the mining bust, the rest of the country is going down with it as evidenced by the quickly rising unemployment rate. If I had a crystal ball and knew this was going to happen, I would have seriously reconsidered moving to Australia. I honestly think that we engineers need to have unions to protect us like other trades!!!

===============================================

11-Aug: I think people need to put their irrational anger aside and look at this logically. What's the difference between being fired via email and being fired face-to-face? The outcome is the same! When a big company has made up its mind, there's almost nothing anyone can do to change that because only the 1% matter and the rest of us are just slaves feeding the fat cats. People should just accept that as reality and move on. I would be busy looking for a new job if I were them and not waste my own time as well as everyone else's.

===============================================

13-Aug: Yet another nail in the already air-tight coffin for Tony Abbott as the Australian Prime Minister. I guess the only positive thing out of this is the joy people get from seeing this government implode in slow motion. 

===============================================

17-Aug: There we go again... No matter how optimistic I am, I don't think there has been much progress in marriage equality ever since Tony Abbott became the Prime Minister. Instead of getting more energised, I think the public might be getting fatigued. How long can one swim against the current without sinking? I guess till the next election.

===============================================

18-Aug: F***! Are there any more safe places left on this planet?!?

===============================================

18-Aug: Luckily I'm not an Australian otherwise I'd be embarrassed to be one today when this piece of news spreads internationally.

===============================================

19-Aug: Boo yeah!

===============================================

24-Aug: I am an extremely risk-averse person and so my idea of investment is simply a bank term deposit, much to many of my Asian friends' disapproval. To me, there is no difference between investing in shares and gambling. If I feel this way during good times, can you imagine how much stronger my conviction is when all I can see today is red in the global share market?

===============================================

26-Aug: I have never discussed climate change on social media before but when I see sheer brilliance like this it is hard not to share.

===============================================

28-Aug: Thank goodness this operation has been called off after strong community protests. For a moment I thought I was back in Singapore, the ultimate nanny state of the developed world. Maybe there is still hope for Australia after all...

===============================================

30-Aug: The international Bersih 4.0 movement is such a significant news event yet I have not seen a single mention on Australian media so far and I do watch a lot of news! Can someone offer an explanation?

===============================================

07-Sep: The world of oil and gas is going to shits. I need to think of an alternative or risk going hungry.

===============================================

11-Sep: It is election day back at home. If I didn't give a hoot when I was still living in Singapore, can you imagine how much I care about it now? With my name struck off the electoral roll, I feel freer so it is win-win!

===============================================


30-Nov:  * Why * Does * This * Even * Matter * ? * How can anyone not be turned off by Australian politics when it behaves worse than a crying bratty 3-year old?

===============================================

09-Dec: This spells even more trouble for my future job security. The only way out is to find work in a totally different industry preferably non-engineering seeing that the similarly falling iron ore price is doing no favours to the Australian economy. I can't think of anything other than singing/song-writing and modelling though and a starving artist is the last thing I want to be!

===============================================

No comments: