Thursday, December 17, 2015

2015 through Facebook (4)

The one-week countdown to my departure for Papua New Guinea has started and I have been banned from posting on Facebook for the rest of the year due to the out-of-control prudes and jealous people out there, not to mention the unsupportive and senseless Facebook censors. However all that is not going to stop me from continuing with my next post in the "2015 through Facebook" series. After the first three posts covering a mix of serious and not-so-serious themes, we will now look at the important issues that I was concerned with for 2015. The other posts in this series can be found here - 1 2 3 5 6.

===============================================

Life, Culture, Health and Fitness (Part 1)

===============================================

02-Jan: I get someone else to do it. Trust me it's MUCH better. Selfie sticks look as silly as people taking pictures using their tablets, both of which I will never do.

===============================================

21-Feb: What's with all the condo advertisements on TV? Are Singaporeans really that rich? Or are they in love with being in debt and living beyond their means?

===============================================

21-Feb: Having uninterrupted 4G connection whilst being underground in a train is called the norm, not high technology. Australia you should upgrade yourself like the rest of the developed and developing world. My tax dollars shouldn't just be used to finance bludgers and the ilk.

===============================================

27-Feb: Putting a face to someone who chose suicide and succeeded is really sobering. The suicide note on Facebook and all the desperate and visceral comments trying to save him to no avail all really got to me pretty bad. Even though I don't know him, I am now quite affected. Love and cherish all those around you especially those who matter to you. Love them with all your might and show them they are wanted, needed and treasured every second of the day...

===============================================

28-Feb: ... and when you think about the grief the people left behind have to deal with, you'll see that most if not all the current problems in your lives are minor and not worth fretting over. Count yourself lucky and blessed that your loved ones are still alive and have a chance to be loved by you.

===============================================

5-Mar: Naturism in Singapore. Who would have thought it can actually happen in such a closed-minded nation and at such a scenic location with clean white sand and pristine blue water? I will definitely visit again with other fellow nudists and make it a party to remember!

===============================================

19-Apr: One of my mantras - if you are not born with good looks, work extra hard to get a good body as that is the best natural thing you can do short of plastic surgery.

===============================================

23-Apr: I have an even simpler process with only 2 questions that apply to all types of purchases and it works EVERY single time.
Q1: Do you need it?
Q2: Do you need it now?

===============================================

07-May: I seldom share pics like these but this by far contains the most succinct message ever. That being said, it is not impossible to conform, you just have to be extra focussed and disciplined. I hated studying in the rigid Singaporean education system but yet I thrived.

===============================================

12-May: The elite within the top 1% has unleashed a glimpse of its obscene wealth upon the rest of the world, "obscene" being an obvious understatement.

===============================================

27-May: One of my pet peeves on this topic of privilege is when I hear people say things like "I am not rich, it's my parents who are rich". HELLO! Having rich parents makes all the difference in life! You'd be truly stupid if you seriously don't think so.

===============================================

27-May: ...and since we're on the topic of privilege, how's this for further deepening the rift between the top 1% and us mere mortals? The most irritating thing is you can't even buy a membership as it is by-invitation only! You need to have wealth AND status! Geez!

===============================================

14-Jun: A little extreme but this by far is the most detailed piece about conditioning for a big shoot I've ever read. If I were to try this out, I need some time to first train my body to drink 4 gallons (approx. 15 litres) of water a day!

===============================================

16-Jun: I have never been to a real comic con before. Maybe this will ease me into a full-blown one. Or should it be the other way round?

===============================================

22-Jun: I can't believe there are so many people out there who feel it's ok to not gym while on vacation. That's outright blasphemous! Unlike them I am a devout member of the gay church a.k.a gym.

===============================================

23-Jun: Tourism ad at the train station here in Singapore. Little do the people here know that this picture has been heavily photoshopped. And I don't remember there's any restaurant near that location let alone one with that view. What false advertising.

===============================================

06-Jul: I'd be the first to celebrate with a purchase should this eventuates into reality but I highly doubt the legalisation of MDMA and its sale over-the-counter is ever going to see the light of the Australian day!

===============================================

06-Aug: Perhaps this is true... but then again how do you also explain it is usually the non-white students who top the class as well?

===============================================

07-Aug: Meh! Ision and I have been doing this for the longest time and Melbourne is much colder. What's a little cold going to do? Don't you have extra clothes that you can put on???

===============================================

14-Aug: Finally the Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus are out, which means that the Note Edge 2 will be released soon. That is the one I am eyeing.

===============================================

16-Aug: First world problem #1432: I hate it when people grunt loudly in the gym. Just control yourself already or reduce the weight for goodness sake. When I already dislike that so much coming from even cute guys, can you imagine how I felt when I encountered today for the first time in my life a woman who did it? MAJOR irritation!

===============================================


19-Aug: Tell me, how can this not be a result of steroids and/or human growth hormones? If people frown upon doping and illegal supplements in the world of competitive sports, AFL, cycling and the like are certainly not the worst culprits when compared to how blatant this is. It never fails to baffle me how the use of steroids is both mandatory yet illegal at the same time in the bodybuilding arena. I guess it is like what my father-in-law said - it is fast becoming a contest between pharmaceutical companies rather than sportspeople.

===============================================

No comments: